A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FIRST STEP HOUSE
February 1980 the first board approved signing for second floor above Bremer’s Stationery Store at 1488 1/2 Miner. Applied to city for special use permit for a residence for 4 people and one custodian.
April 1987Bought 1546 Park Place in 1993 construction began on a new building that would hold 8 residents and one custodian. Moved into new house in 1994.
Received notice of condemnation of this building from the City of DP in order to build redevelopment of downtown area.
Found new site at 1029 Graceland, October 2003 zoning received, began building present building. April 2004 moved into new building. First meeting held Easter Sunday.
“The mail box may have changed, but the message remains the same.”